: See you on the dancefloor
: Mezzanine floor
- High-end fashion shops include Aquascutum, Bally, Hugo Boss, I.T., Joyce, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Shanghai Tang and Vivienne Tam etc. Other shops include Bang & Olufsen, Chinese Arts & Crafts, Kelly & Walsh Book Store and Montblanc.
- "2nd Floor" is a pop/R&B song written by Arnie Mendaros, and produced by Neil Gregorio for Nina's debut album, Heaven (2002). It was solicited to radio as a promo single in lieu of the album's release in the Philippines.
Industrial Ethernet, 2nd Edition
This revised best-seller is a convenient installation, troubleshooting, and reference tool on one of the hottest topics in automation and process control. It will help you understand important Ethernet and TCP/IP terminology and provide important information about the new industrial protocols.
You will quickly gain a solid grasp of Ethernet basics, the constraints of the industrial environment, and the specialized requirements of machine control. Practical reference charts and technical tips make this book an ideal quick reference source at your project meetings and on the job. New topics covered in the book include signaling types, Web services, power over Ethernet, and an expanded focus on Ethernet protocols and addressing as well as wireless Ethernet. The last part of the book provides installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and security tips. After reading this book, you will be able to plan industrial Ethernet installations with realistic expectations, make knowledgeable purchasing decisions, and identify and prevent common causes of failure.
Wrestling on the Floor 2
More photos with a flash to even out the otherwise to hard contrasts between the sun and the shadow. This presents another problem, with a flash syncronisation like the one on my camera - 1/200s - you don't get short enough times to freeze the movement and obviously you're not helped in that matter by the flash either. So fast moving kitten parts are blurry. On the other hand I think it's the first time I have taken indoor kitten photos with an aperture of f/14.
Strobist note: Keylight; morning sun through a window, camera right. Fill light; SB25, 1/16 reflected in a white umbrella, camera left and behind. Flash triggered by remote from Gadget Infinity.
122/365 [365 Project] - Confederate Flag on the Floor
Confederate Flag on the Floor
Stupid shot at the ground in my home! :D lol
Canon EOS 500D & Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 L Macro IS USM
Post Production with Lightroom 3.3 & Photoshop CS5
©2011, Stefano Minella PhotoStefano Minella | Photographer
Wade Sure-Fit 2nd row floor mats are designed and manufactured creating the most advanced and complete floor protection available on the market today! Wade digitally measures the interior surface to insure both accuracy and complete coverage to protect your carpeted vehicle. Made from a rubberized copolymer, Wade Sure-Fit Mats have a rigid core for durability, with a tactile surface, offering friction against the carpet, to insure a “Sure Fit”. Once installed, they won’t move unless you move them. Keeping carpet “FACTORY NEW”. Complete 2nd row coverage. Color Tan.
Related topics: best tile for basement floor vinyl floor stains laminate flooring accessories flooring china modern kitchen floor tiles hardwood floors nj sea floor spreading uneven hardwood floors
Cement floor patch
: Sub floor
Cement Floor Patch
- a building material that is a powder made of a mixture of calcined limestone and clay; used with water and sand or gravel to make concrete and mortar
- Settle or establish firmly
- (of a material) Bind (particles) together in sedimentary rock
- concrete pavement is sometimes referred to as cement; "they stood on the grey cement beside the pool"
- make fast as if with cement; "We cemented our friendship"
- shock: surprise greatly; knock someone's socks off; "I was floored when I heard that I was promoted"
- The lower surface of a room, on which one may walk
- All the rooms or areas on the same level of a building; a story
- the inside lower horizontal surface (as of a room, hallway, tent, or other structure); "they needed rugs to cover the bare floors"; "we spread our sleeping bags on the dry floor of the tent"
- A level area or space used or designed for a particular activity
- a structure consisting of a room or set of rooms at a single position along a vertical scale; "what level is the office on?"
- spot: a small contrasting part of something; "a bald spot"; "a leopard's spots"; "a patch of clouds"; "patches of thin ice"; "a fleck of red"
- Place a patch over (a good eye) in order to encourage a lazy eye to work
- provide with a patch; also used metaphorically; "The field was patched with snow"
- Mend or strengthen (fabric or an item of clothing) by putting a piece of material over a hole or weak point in it
- Correct, enhance, or modify (a routine or program) by inserting a patch
- to join or unite the pieces of; "patch the skirt"
Butchart gardens. Victoria Island. CA.
In 1888, near his birthplace, Owen Sound, Ontario, the former dry goods merchant, Robert Pim Butchart, began manufacturing Portland cement. By the turn of the century he had become a highly successful pioneer in this burgeoning North American industry. Attracted to the West Coast of Canada by rich limestone deposits vital for cement production, he built a factory at Tod Inlet, on Vancouver Island. There, in 1904, he and his family established their home.
As Mr. Butchart exhausted the limestone in the quarry near their house, his enterprising wife, Jennie, conceived an unprecedented plan for refurbishing the bleak pit. From farmland nearby she requisitioned tons of top soil, had it brought to Tod Inlet by horse and cart, and used it to line the floor of the abandoned quarry. Little by little, under Jennie Butchart's supervision, the abandoned quarry blossomed into the spectacular Sunken Garden.
By 1908, reflecting their world travels, the Butcharts had created a Japanese Garden on the sea-side of their home. Later an Italian Garden was created on the site of their former tennis court, and a fine Rose Garden replaced a large kitchen vegetable patch in 1929.
Mr. Butchart took much pride in his wife's remarkable work. A great hobbyist, he collected ornamental birds from all over the world. He kept ducks in the Star Pond, noisy peacocks on the front lawn, and a curmudgeon of a parrot in the main house. He enjoyed training pigeons at the site of the present Begonia Bower, and had many elaborate bird houses stationed throughout Jennie's beautiful gardens.
The renown of Mrs. Butchart's gardening quickly spread. By the 1920s more than fifty thousand people came each year to see her creation. In a gesture toward all their visitors, the hospitable Butcharts christened their estate "Benvenuto", the Italian word for "Welcome". To extend the welcome, flowering cherry trees along Benvenuto Avenue leading to The Gardens were purchased from Yokohama Nursery in Japan and installed from West Saanich Road to The Butchart Gardens' entrance.
Their house grew into a comfortable, luxurious showplace, with a bowling alley, indoor salt-water swimming pool, panelled billiard room and a wonder of its age, a self-playing Aeolian pipe organ (still played on Firework Saturdays ). Today the residence contains the Dining Room Restaurant, offices, and rooms still used for family entertaining. From January 15 to March 15, a special re-creation of the family house is showcased.
The family tradition of acquiring objects when travelling has continued. The Fountain of the Three Sturgeons and the bronze casting of the wild boar are both from Florence, Italy. Both were purchased by Ian and Ann-Lee Ross in 1973. The fountain is a casting made from a much smaller fountain created by Professor Sirio Tofanari in 1958. Other works by him include the little donkey and the foal that stand close by the statue of the wild boar on the Piazza in front of the Butchart Residence. The boar is a rare bronze copy of a casting of the marble statue displayed in the Uffizi Gallery in Florence. This bronze known affectionally as "Tacca," in honour of Pietro Tacca, the artist who created the statue in 1620. His snout is finely burnished by thousands of visitors who give it an affectionate rub for good luck. Tacca is dedicated to all the children and dogs who visit The Gardens.
The only surviving portion of Mr. Butchart's Tod Inlet cement factory is the tall chimney of a long vanished kiln. The chimney can be seen from The Sunken Garden Lookout. The plant stopped manufacturing cement in 1916, but continued to make tiles and flower pots as late as 1950. The single chimney now overlooks the quarry Mrs. Butchart so miraculously reclaimed.
The Butchart Gardens remains a family business
and has grown to become a premier West Coast display garden, while maintaining the gracious traditions of the past. Today the Gardens has established an international reputation for its year round display of flowering plants.
Basement Floor Progress
Walls and Ceilings
oRemoved metal clothes rack bolted into wall
o6 weeks of waiting for brown coat plaster to dry above the mud sink. (sigh) I finally just skim coated and textured the room wall and Wendy’s got it painted.
oTextured and patched almost all of the cracks – one left in the largest room left to go.
oHung curtain rods, changing out light fixtures now, and changing out to ground
ed outlets. The polarity on half the current outlets was incorrect.
oRe-glued baseboards to concrete walls
oCleaned up baseboard molding a repainted
oCleaned and repainted all trim molding around doors and the doors.
oRepaired doorknob (it kept coming off in my hand)
oUsed 4 gallons of Citri-Strip and 6 gallons of simple green stripping 3 layers of paint off of the concrete floors in the basement. Peach paint, dark gray paint, light gray paint, and finally some brownish stuff that dissolved in Simple Green. Strip, then scrub, scrub, and scrub each.
oPatched any cracks and dents with Portland cement skim. Most of the material went into leveling out some funny surfaces.
oUsed a wash of Muratic acid to etch the concrete. Smells great!
oPaint two coats of floor paint.
Related topics: flooring indoor cost of wood flooring concrete floors how to making flooring how to lay vinyl flooring in bathroom carpet concrete basement floor floor plan creator evidence for seafloor spreading blood on the dancefloor band
CHERRY HARDWOOD FLOOR. PELVIC FLOOR DYSFUNCTION SYMPTOMS.
Cherry Hardwood Floor
- (Hardwood Floors) Engineered, pre-finished, click and laminate.
- Non-resilient flooring of maple, pecan, oak, beech, and various other hardwoods.
- Wood flooring is any product manufactured from timber that is designed for use as flooring, either structural or aesthetic. Bamboo flooring is often considered a wood floor, although it is made from a grass (bamboo) rather than a timber.
- The tree that bears such fruit
- The wood of this tree
- wood of any of various cherry trees especially the black cherry
- A small, round stone fruit that is typically bright or dark red
- any of numerous trees and shrubs producing a small fleshy round fruit with a single hard stone; many also produce a valuable hardwood
- red: of a color at the end of the color spectrum (next to orange); resembling the color of blood or cherries or tomatoes or rubies
48" x 72" Cherry 1/4" Thick Bamboo & Hardwood Office Chair Mat
Anji Mountain's Bamboo Roll-Up office chair mars melds beauty, style and function to create an alternative to the bland, utilitarian vinyl chair mat. Our bamboo roll-up office chair mats are incredibly durable and will add an elegant touch to any office or home office setting. Furthermore, this mat is easy to ship and easy to transport. No assembly required!
Dimension: 48" x 72"
Finish: Dark Cherry
Material: 100% Anji Mountain Bamboo
Ecologically friendly wood harvested from sustainable, protected for
1/4" thick with slats that are 2" wide
Premium felt backing for
cushioning and protection for
the surface the office chair mat is laid on.
Kiln-dried and carbonized
The Roll-Up office chair mat roll up like a rug and is contained in a carton with protective packaging for
easy shipping and portability.
Also available in natural finish.
Invincible Cherry Hardwood
Look at this Antique Cherry Hardwood floor by Armstrong. The wood is beautifully distressed in moderately rustic style enabling you to get that classic look in a modern flare. This particular product is now available in our Invincible Finish ensuring you years of use without problems with the scratches and mars frequently abundant in other companies' hardwood
Available exclusively at Carpet One Floor & Home.
Jatoba is also know as Brazilian Cherry Hardwood Flooring
offers a warm, coppery and exotic atmosphere to any room. Available at nucasa.com in Vancouver BC.
Related topics: hardwood floors nj floor tray mastercraft floor buffer laminate floor squeaks glue down laminate flooring underfloor insulation nz green floor tile scratched hardwood floors hardwood floor hardness scale
CONCRETE HOMES FLOOR PLANS. OUTDOOR PLAYGROUND FLOORING
Concrete Homes Floor Plans
- (floor plan) scale drawing of a horizontal section through a building at a given level; contrasts with elevation
- (Floor planning) Floorplanning is the act of designing of a floorplan, which is a kind of bird's-eye view of a structure.
- A scale diagram of the arrangement of rooms in one story of a building
- In architecture and building engineering, a floor plan, or floorplan, is a diagram, usually to scale, showing the relationships between rooms, spaces and other physical features at one level of a structure.
- Form (something) into a mass; solidify
- a strong hard building material composed of sand and gravel and cement and water
- capable of being perceived by the senses; not abstract or imaginary; "concrete objects such as trees"
- (home) where you live at a particular time; "deliver the package to my home"; "he doesn't have a home to go to"; "your place or mine?"
- (of an animal) Return by instinct to its territory after leaving it
- Move or be aimed toward (a target or destination) with great accuracy
- (of a pigeon bred for long-distance racing) Fly back to or arrive at its loft after being released at a distant point
- (home) at or to or in the direction of one's home or family; "He stays home on weekends"; "after the game the children brought friends home for supper"; "I'll be home tomorrow"; "came riding home in style"; "I hope you will come home for Christmas"; "I'll take her home"; "don't forget to write home"
- (home) provide with, or send to, a home
Dome Living : A Creative Guide For Planning Your Monolithic Dream Home
"Dome Living: A Creative Guide For Planning Your Monolithic Dream Home" contains more than one hundred easy-to-read, detailed designs for Monolithic Dome homes
, both large and small, simple and elaborate. It defines the Monolithic Dome in non-technical terms and illustrates its unique construction process with diagrams and photos. Moreover, "Dome Living" explains the reasons behind the Monolithic Dome's advantages: its superior strength and longevity; its ability to survive severe weather, earthquakes and fire; its economical and conservative energy use; its cost efficiency for long term maintenance and upkeep; its graceful, spherical beauty so appropriate to a dream home! This book also provides practical, proven advice on home planning in general, as well as information specific to Monolithic Domes.
When our residential home project wasn't able to get financing we started looking for solutions to bringing costs down. One of our ideas to get more space was to put up an out building. We looked into prefab units, but found we could build cheaper or equal to everything out there. In particular, we found you can have a custom steel frame (think pole barn) structure manufactured and shipped to us rather inexpensively. The the steel frame gives exceptional strength for wind and roof loads (great for Michigan snow) and provides a surface for mounting both interior and exterior walls. Another bonus is being able to use concrete on a second floor and flattening a roof pitch down to 12 : 1/2.
Some of the features of this plan include:
Spray Foam Insulated
Radiant Heated Floors
The steel frame building comes with all of the window and door holes cut out and goes together like a giant erector set. The frame is then clad in 24-26 gauge corrugated steel sheets. We planned to cover the steel in 4' x 8' sheets of smooth cement board paired with aluminum channel trim. Building costs, including finishing the inside with dray, came in around $80 sq/ft.
Concrete Tower Mandy
Mandy fearlessly scales the landmark tower at Concrete, Washington.
Concrete was the first stop and the first shoot of our 212-mile epic shoot. I had planned for Concrete to be just the "warm up." I was expecting to shoot some restrained, awkward shots -- just some practice to break the ice. I was planning for the photos at Concrete to be stiff and useless.
But Mandy had other plans
She blew me away, hit
ting striking, visually dynamic poses over and over. Several times I was just about to ask her to do something for the camera when she did it as a I thought it, before I even got to ask. Amazing.
And then she started climbing up the tower. Wow. I was floored.
We could have just shot at Concrete and then turned around and gone home and I would have been extremely happy with the shoot.
But, as you can see from the shots we later took at the Diablo Lake Overlook, it's a good thing we kept going.
I can not -- freaking -- wait
to shoot with Mandy again.
Create your dream home plans. Based on a powerful CAD engine, 3D Home Archit
ect Home Designer Version 8 puts you in control of every detail. Plan the layout, place the furnishings - even tweak the lighting - it's all within reach! Whether you're embarking on a serious building project or simply experimenting with home design ideas, find everything you need in 3D Home Archit
ect Home Designer Version 8. Convenient wizards and tutorials help you create basic plans fast, while unlimited customization guarantees a flawless finished project. Powerful enough to generate buildable blueprint-style plans, 3D Home Archit
ect Home Designer Version 8 is the only design program you need.
Related topics: natural floor covering one flooring future floor services hardwood floor vacuum review heat radiant floor building regulations floor joists apartment ground floor clarke floor edger ceramic floor tile designs sanding hardwood floors
Dance floor collapse
- Garrett blood on the dance floor
- Floor materials.
Dance Floor Collapse
- Dance Floor (foaled 1989 in New Jersey) is a retired American Thoroughbred racehorse. He was bred by William Purdey at his Greenfields Farm in Colts Neck, New Jersey. Out of the mare, Dance Troupe, a granddaughter of U.S.
- Denoting a recording or type of music particularly popular as an accompaniment to dancing
- a bare floor polished for dancing
- An area of uncarpeted floor, typically in a nightclub or restaurant, reserved for dancing
- "Dance Floor, Part 1" is a 1982 single by the Dayton, Ohio-based, funk group, Zapp. The song spent two weeks at number one on the R&B in mid-1982, but failed to make the Hot 100. . The single was known for the use of a talk box, which became popular in the 1980s.
- A sudden failure of an institution or undertaking
- A physical or mental breakdown
- an abrupt failure of function or complete physical exhaustion; "the commander's prostration demoralized his men"
- break down, literally or metaphorically; "The wall collapsed"; "The business collapsed"; "The dam broke"; "The roof collapsed"; "The wall gave in"; "The roof finally gave under the weight of the ice"
- a natural event caused by something suddenly falling down or caving in; "the roof is in danger of collapse"; "the collapse of the old star under its own gravity"
- An instance of a structure falling down or in
Questioning Collapse: Human Resilience, Ecological Vulnerability, and the Aftermath of Empire
Questioning Collapse challenges those scholars and popular writers who advance the thesis that societies - past and present - collapse because of behavior that destroyed their environments or because of overpopulation. In a series of highly accessible and closely argued essays, a team of internationally recognized scholars bring history and context to bear in their radically different analyses of iconic events, such as the deforestation of Easter Island, the cessation of the Norse colony in Greenland, the faltering of nineteenth-century China, the migration of ancestral peoples away from Chaco Canyon in the American southwest, the crisis and resilience of Lowland Maya kingship, and other societies that purportedly "collapsed." Collectively, these essays demonstrate that resilience in the face of societal crises, rather than collapse, is the leitmotif of the human story from the earliest civilizations to the present. Scrutinizing the notion that Euro-American colonial triumphs were an accident of geography, Questioning Collapse also critically examines the complex historical relationship between race and political labels of societal "success" and "failure."
Her Name Was Wendy
She was dancing with someone else when I first walked in.
I must admit, I originally paid her no attention -- well, maybe a furtive look at her figure as I passed by on the way to the bar -- until I realized who she was: by then, it was too late. Women like that don't wait for you to sweep them off their feet; waiting is a game they don't know how to play.
I stood by the bar, quickly chasing my drink while I made casual banter with the pretty bartender behind the counter. It was my first time there, but she seemed pretty comfortable pouring me an endless supply of Bombay Sapphire while I flirted unsuccessfully; she was probably thinking of the potential tip at the end of the night on my quickly increasing tab. I didn't mind. I hadn't come there to make friends. I downed another drink.
The woman on the dance
floor had left her dancing partner and was surrounded by friends -- all feigning dancing in a group but really only periodically shaking their hips as they bombarded her with questions about her latest suitor. A few of them glanced over at the bar, never looking at me, but scanning the room for anything or anyone that would catch their eye. She wasn't the leader of the pack, or even the true center of attention from amongst her friends, but something about her made her seem like a woman worth meeting. Usually, women like that barely even acknowledged my existence. I didn't mind. I turned to face my pretty bartender again, as she poured me yet another drink.
Her name was Wendy. Not my pretty bartender -- she had a name that I didn't bother to remember -- but the once-dancing woman. She had broken away from her circle of friends to get a drink, maybe to tear herself away from the orchestrated chaos of the dance
floor. I said hello as she stood there waiting for her vodka-cranberry, thinking that buying her a drink would have been a bit too forward. I wasn't that type of guy. We chatted; small talk mostly, but I became enthralled with her intellect, captivated by her sense of humor. Small talk led to a swapping of phone numbers. She asked me to dance: I wasn't in the mood.
And with that, she kissed me on the cheek and walked out of my life forever.
It wasn't until then that I realized who she was: the woman of my dreams. I tried to stop her, but it was too late. Women like that don't wait for you to sweep them off their feet; waiting is a game they don't know how to play.
I turned towards the bar and quickly downed my last drink the bitterness burning all the way down my burning throat. I motioned that I was ready to settle my tab, but my pretty bartender could see the desolation in my face: the drinks were on the house.
She kissed me on the cheek and began calling for a cab just as I collapsed on the bar from the pain in my head, my body, my soul.
Edward, Prince of Wales
Edward, Prince of Wales by Matthew Brady Studio, Modern albumen print from wet plate collodion negative
Queen Victoria's eighteen-year-old son and heir, Albert Edward, Prince of Wales, became the first member of Britain's royal family to visit North America when he made a triumphant tour of Canada in 1860. At the invitation of President James Buchanan, the prince extended his sojourn by visiting several American cities, including Washington, D.C., and New York. There, his presence created a sensation with eager crowds straining for a glimpse of Britain's future King Edward VII. While in New York he was feted with parades and a lavish ball at the city's Academy of Music, where a portion of the dance floor collapsed under the excessive weight of the throng. The prince and his entourage also toured Barnum's American Museum and visited Mathew Brady's Broadway gallery, where they purchased photographs of American celebrities and posed for their own portraits
dance floor collapse
America faces a full-scale socioeconomic collapse—the stock market plummets, hyperinflation cripples commerce and the mounting crisis passes the tipping point. Practically overnight, the fragile chains of supply and high-technology infrastructure fall, and wholesale rioting and looting grip every major city.
As hordes of refugees and looters pour out of the cities, a small group of friends living in the Midwest desperately tries to make their way to a safe-haven ranch in northern Idaho. The journey requires all their skill and training since communication, commerce, transportation and law enforcement have all disappeared. Once at the ranch, the group fends off vicious attacks from outsiders and then looks to join other groups that are trying to restore true Constitutional law to the country.
Patriots is a thrilling narrative depicting fictional characters using authentic survivalist techniques to endure the collapse of the American civilization. Reading this compelling, fast-paced novel could one day mean the difference between life and death.
Related topics: hardwood floors direct ceramic bathroom floor appalachian wood flooring floor store dublin timber floors international dallas flooring companies sea floor spreading